Friday, October 16, 2009

Encaustic


This is my encaustic piece. The encaustic process was new for me, but overall I enjoyed experimenting with it. When I first started with the project I thought I was going to have a problem with the mirriors looking like they belonged. I resolved the problem by melting the wax arounf the border of the mirrors. I think it worked. I tried to make this piece as shiny as possible so I used the mirrors and aluminum foil. I also put shiny beads into the wax. I really liked how this piece turned out, but it I were to do this project again I would have redone the image transferrs.

2 comments:

  1. i really like this alot because of the color and found objects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love how u use organic shapes in all ur pieces. that should definately be part of ur concentration :)

    ReplyDelete